The Best Water Purifier: Simply Amazing!
The best water purifier you will ever find will be able to
remove chemicals, viruses, heavy metals, toxins and pharmaceuticals from
municipal water systems and wells.
We now live in the age of viruses and other forms of maladies that threaten our health. The rush to improve our immune system has become a new way of approaching real health. This is a good thing! Including pure clean water is an essential part of building an immune system that will protect you. If you are looking for real clean water, the Berkey pure water system will deliver!
Why you need a water purifier instead of a filter.
If you are using water from a municipal water system, you
are ingesting chlorine and probably fluoride. These two factors alone are detrimental
to your health. There are many other
substances that should be eliminated from the water that you drink. Even with bottled water you do not know what
the water quality is. A home water
purifier system is a necessity.
There are many filter systems in the marketplace today that
can help you reduce the exposure to drinking water hazards. Not all filters are purifiers. In our search
for the best water purifier, it became obvious that finding the filter that
purified the water was the way to go.
Filters vs. Purifiers
The following are some of the factors that influenced our search for the best water purifier.
- A cleanable water filter lasts 10 times longer than ordinary filters that you discard.
- Some purifiers are so powerful that they even remove viruses. This ability to filter viruses qualifies a filter as a water purifier.
- With a purifier you get a quality filter that surpasses standards for filtering out pathogenic bacteria and viruses listed in The Water and Purification Standard used by the military.
- It is important that a filter removes harmful chemicals from a municipal water supply and especially the toxic chemical, fluoride.
- If you happen to lose utilities for an extended time, you also need to have an emergency water filter without worrying about contamination.
- Very necessary: a water purifying system that relies on gravity to produce pure water from most water sources such as city potable systems, lakes and rivers.
- The filtering system must be portable and easy to maintain.
Reverse osmosis (RO) and distillation filters remove needed minerals and should not be considered. Most gravity purifiers do not remove valuable minerals and help to maintain an alkaline balance in the body.
Pond and lake water can be filtered by the Berkey to be water that is ready to drink.
The top 10 questions you need to ask before you buy a water filter:
- Does the filter remove viruses and qualify as a water purifier?
- Is it simple to use? Is it gravity fed so that it does not need a water pressure connection or other power sources to function?
- Can it be used to purify water from lakes and rivers in an emergency?
- Does the filtering system remove beneficial minerals?
- Does the system extract harmful heavy metals such as lead and mercury as well as sedimentary minerals such as iron oxide?
- Is the cost of a gallon of purified water more than 2 cents?
- Is it a fluoride water filter?
- Is it a portable water purifier and does it quickly produce sufficient water volumes?
- Is it easy to clean and maintain?
- Can the system provide 6000 gallons of water without changing filters?
Our Search for the Best Water Purifier
One of the major search criteria was a filter that would take out fluoride. This search led us directly to the Berkey water filter in which the choice seemed to be a "no brainer".
I could not find another gravity filter that could eliminate fluoride and viruses. Fluoride addition to city water supplies is one of the worst contaminants ever. You will not believe the dangers inherent in this substance.
After finding the Berkey, it was obvious which filter did the best job and was economical to use. Not only was it a filter but also the best water purifier that separated it from the competition.
The Berkey qualifies for military use and is a standard for missionaries in underdeveloped foreign lands.
Emergency Water Treatment
The usability for emergency use with water from lakes and rivers was another requirement in our search for the best water purifier that was satisfied by the Berkey. And to top if off, the cost per gallon is less than 2 cents. Wow!
The Big Berkey model that we have sits on our kitchen counter close to the sink. I can fill it easily with the spray attachment on the faucet. I can tell you this...the peace of mind that comes with using this amazing Berkey filter/purifier is well worth the investment for good health!
The Big Berkey System...the best water purifier ever made!
There are many different filter system sizes available depending on your daily needs. The versatile Big Berkey Water Filter is the ideal system for 2-3 people.
The Big Berkey System comes standard with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements. Each durable Black Berkey Water filter will last up to 3000 gallons (6000 gallons per set of 2).
Berkey Water Filter systems are capable of purifying both treated water (municipal/city water) and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds, and water supplies in foreign countries.
Berkey Water Filters will remove:
- Bacteria like E. coli - Greater than 99.9999%
- Chlorine - Removed to Undetectable Levels
- Heavy Metals - Greater than 99.9%
- Viruses - Greater than 99.9999%
- Pharmaceuticals - Greater than 99.5%
- Chloramines - Greater than 99.9%
- Parasites - Greater than 99.9999%
- Fluoride - Up to 99.75% (Add-on PF-2 Filters Required)
- Trihalomethane (THMs) - Removed to Undetectable Levels
- Petroleum Contaminants - Greater than 99.9%
- Bisphenol-A (BPA) - Greater than 99.9%
- Radiological - Greater than 95%
- Perfluorochemicals (PFOA) - Greater than 99.9%
- Herbicides & Pesticides - Greater than 99.9%
- And much more.
We recommend the Berkey Water Filter because it removes over 200 contaminants, it is the best performing gravity fed water filter, and the water tastes great! Use the promo code HBR5 for a discount of 5% on your purchase, plus free shipping on orders over $49.
If your water comes from a domestic water system you probably will need to add 2 fluoride filters. Unlike most countries, municipal water suppliers in the USA add fluoride to the water. Fluoride is definitely not good for your health.
Check with your local water supplier to find if you need these filters. You can include the filters in your initial order. Filter information can be found under "ACCESSORIES".
Berkey PF-2 reduction elements are made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free, and designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey water purification elements to absorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions.
Another item to consider is the shower filter. The improved Berkey Shower Filter will typically last 20,000 gallons or one year, whichever comes first. While testing was performed under standard laboratory conditions, actual performance may vary.
The Berkey Shower Filter contains a new and improved shower filtration media, which is most effective in reducing free chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, scale and iron oxide (rust water). The Berkey Shower Filter process media works in a wide range of temperatures with a maximum operating temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The Berkey Shower Filter is a BPA Free. Check it out under "ACCESSORIES".
We hope that you will be able to enjoy this fine piece of equipment allowing you to know that your drinking water is safe. A Berkey Water Filter, we think, is the best water purifier you will ever find.
Don't forget to use the promo code HBR5 for a discount of 5% on your purchase, plus free shipping on orders over $49.