Develop a 2022 Healthy Living Plan
Welcome to Choose Healthy Eating for Life. We have an entire website dedicated to developing a Healthy Living Plan. We have researched and reviewed many topics since 1999 for you to review.
Picnic in the courtyard.
When developing your 2022 Healthy Living Plan, think about starting out with a number of small, manageable steps rather than a drastic change. If you put together a plan that continually adds healthy changes to your life, you will have a healthy lifestyle sooner than you think.
At Choose Healthy Eating for Life, we advocate a plant based diet and believe that it powers the body to function optimally in order to heal itself. We also believe that every change you make to improve your diet matters.
- Set weekly/monthly goals that are achievable for you. As your small changes become part of your daily routine, continue to add more healthy (plant based) choices to your diet. You will find that your body will crave them.
- A great step in the right direction is to make sure that all meals and snacks are at least 50% fresh vegetables and fruits, and 25% are healthy plant starches and grains. (If your body needs immediate support we recommend that you consider a complete vegan diet right away). Click here for plant based diet information: Healthy Diet Plans
Drinking fresh carrot juice daily is one of the best things you can do to improve your health!
- A top priority - drink fresh juice and a green juice powder that has been cold processed in order to obtain all-important enzymes your body needs to stay healthy. Drinking this on an empty stomach on a daily basis will result in excellent benefits to your health. To learn more click here: Benefits of Juicing.
- Reduce the consumption of fats to small amounts of healthy organic cold pressed oils - olive oil and coconut oil.
- Eliminate processed foods from your diet - they are calorie dense and nutrient deficient. Processed foods are also loaded with chemicals, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats and partially hydrogenated oils.
Real Salt is natural salt, pure and unrefined.
- Try to eat organic and non-GMO foods as much as possible.
- Use only Himalayan Sea Salt or the "Real Salt" brand.
- One of the most important functions of exercising is getting fresh air and oxygen into your lungs and your bloodstream.
- Then increase in activity over and above your current level will contribute to the improvement of your overall health.
- If you have not exercised in a while, start with a daily 15 minute walk in the neighborhood first thing in the morning or late afternoon (or both). Gradually add speed, distance, and duration when your routine becomes easier.
- Mix up your activities! Plan fun physical activities to do on your days off. Take a hike or a bike ride on a local trail. Play golf, paddle a canoe or make a trip to the beach for walks, swimming and surfing.
Pasta, beans and veggies make a great meal!
Other Healthy Living Tips for 2022
- Strive to have a slightly alkaline body. A high acidic body is prone to inflammation and disease. To learn more about acid/alkaline pH scale click here: pH Scale
- Get 15 minutes a day of pure sunshine (vitamin D). To learn more about the Sunshine Vitamin click here: Sunshine Vitamin
- Eat your evening meal at least 3 hours before you go to bed. The body heals itself while you are asleep. If you are eating (a meal or TV snacks) right before you go to bed, the body will have to work during the night on digesting your food instead of keeping your body healthy.
- Get at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep a day.
- If you are stressed like most Americans are today, all of the above is very important, and you should look for other ways to de-stress. For example: Massage, reading, meditation or prayer, and a committed designated time to "unplug" from today's high technology, etc.
- Don't obsess...keep it simple. Make good choices a priority and have fun with it. Just be good to yourself!