Benefits of Beet Nutrition
The benefits of beet nutrition will provide your body with wonderful nutrients and minerals. It can increase the blood flow to your brain, lower your blood pressure, and improve your exercise strength and durability. It's time to eat more beets!
The Romans introduced the beet to northern Europe mainly as a cattle fodder until beets appeared on the table as human food in the 16th century. At one time the greens were the main part of the beets that were consumed.
A Healthy Vascular System
Today we know that nitric oxide is one of the essential elements needed to maintain a healthy vascular system. The beet is one of the primary sources of nitrates.
The cardiovascular aspect of drinking beet juice is probably the most important benefit of beet nutrition. The endothelial cells that line the arteries produce nitric oxide that makes the heart function properly. Nitrates supplied from beets are turned into nitric oxide. Nitric oxide improves blood flow by relaxing and dilating blood vessels which in turn, lowers blood pressure.
You have probably heard that nitrates are used to treat angina and congestive heart failure. A glass of raw beet juice can have the effect of lowering your BP by 4 to 5 points in a few hours.
Getting all of the Benefits of Beet Nutrition
We cannot survive without nitric oxide. After the age of 40, there is a rapid decline in this substance. By age 50, nitric oxide may drop to 50% of what it was in your 20's.
Brain Health - By dramatically helping the heart function, beet juice also increases blood flow to the brain. Studies have shown that beet nitrates oxygenate the tissues in the area of the brain that is often associated with dementia. This is especially relevant as we get older.
Eye Health - The antioxidant, beta-carotene, in beets helps to prevent macular degeneration and also aids in reducing and slowing this problem.
Athletic Health - Eating raw beets, or better yet, drinking beet juice may be one of the best things a competitive athlete can consume prior to competition to reap the benefits of beet nutrition. Studies have shown that by consuming beets your stamina can increase by a factor of 16%.
Muscle Health - If you have been diagnosed with extreme heart problems, clinical studies show that taking 2/3 of a cup of concentrated beet juice will increase your muscle capacity by 13%. This will support your ability to exercise. If you can exercise, it will increase your body's ability to make nitric oxide.
Boost Immune Function - We consume beet roots frequently when I juice for Barbara and me. The beets are usually added to the fresh carrot, celery and Granny Smith apple juice. We know that the deeper the colors of fruit and veggies signal an abundant amount of phytonutrients. Beets add vitamin C, nitrates, fiber, and many other beneficial nutrients. Beets are also known for their ability to purify the blood and liver.
Whether you plan to cook or juice your beets, the number one rule is to buy organic.
Barbara fixes the beet greens whenever they look fresh and are undamaged. They are simple to clean, do not take long to cook, and are simply delicious with a little butter and salt.
The beet roots take longer to prepare. They can be cooked by boiling them whole, steaming or sauteing them, or roasting them in the oven. Beets are delicious cooked and then pickled, and can be added to salads. One of our favorite is to oven roast them with other root vegetables.
Stay away from non-plant sourced nitrates. Nitric oxide stimulating supplements may be a detriment to your health. Stick with plants!
Beets are very powerful!
We know that to keep a healthy body, you must have a strong heart.
Beets support the nitric oxide production that insures the proper functioning of the heart muscle. To me, this is the most important attribute of the common beet, especially if you follow the Standard American Diet (SAD), your vascular system is probably compromised with plaque formations that hinder the production of nitric oxide. This is why heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans.
Take caution...you should limit your intake of beets and beet juice to begin with. Taking too much beet juice or beet root may cause a release of excessive toxins from the liver and cause discomfort. Also, if you have a gallbladder or kidney problem, it would be best to avoid beet roots altogether because the oxalates in beets can be an issue.
Just use your common sense when you start to enjoy the powerful benefits of beet nutrition.
Don't like to juice vegetables?
The purest product on the market for beet nutrition!
Another way to gain the benefits of beet nutrition is to use a cold processed beet juice powder.
The most highly advertised beet juice powder on the market is very expensive. It also has added ingredients and does not claim to have active enzymes. Other product lines simply grind dried beets into a powder. It is very important that you are getting the best juice powder made from cold processed fresh beets.
The product that we use is a cold processed juice powder that maintains the enzymes and all of the nutritional benefits.
Enzymes are necessary:
- to power the chemical reactions in the body
- to assist in the production of energy in the cells
- to assist digestion and absorption of nutrients
- to assist in replacing and rebuilding everything the body needs for metabolism to happen.
Heat processing or dehydration that is prevalent in most juice powders eliminates the important enzymes that are essential to good health and the benefits of beet nutrition
The purest and best in the marketplace!
Our beets have no added ingredients with the exception of silicone dioxide that is an anti-caking ingredient which is safe for human consumption. The quality control of our chosen brand is the purest and best in the marketplace.
The AIM Companies in Nampa, Idaho have been offering RediBeets for over 20 years, and we have been distributors and users of their exceptional products for 15 years. This is the real thing - it is nutrition that works!
It takes 15 pounds of beets to make a jar of RediBeets juice powder.
The processing insures that the juice is residue free with minimal fiber content. Fiber is good, but not for maximum nutrient intake. There are 250 grams or 8.82 ounces of juice powder in each jar...twice as much as the leading advertised brand.
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) twice a day. You can mix with 4 oz. of water or juice.
- Drink immediately after mixing.
- Take RediBeets on an empty stomach to avoid the digestion process. By doing this you will get the most nutrition into the system. Consume 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. This is real important.
- It is best to stay with the minimum serving to begin with. Beet juice is a strong detoxing agent that when first used may cause dizziness in some individuals. You may want to increase the amount after feeling comfortable using the minimum serving.
Beets are a power packed addition to a healthy diet and lifestyle. Whether you are a juicer or a non-juicer, we highly recommend that you take advantage of the very wonderful benefits of beet nutrition.
More about the power of food...
- Reverse Heart Disease - When correctly fueling the miraculous self-healing body, it will perform its duty of returning to a state of good health.
- Reverse Type 2 Diabetes - Eighty percent of type 2 individuals completely eliminate all medications when attacking this malady with a plant based diet and lifestyle.
- How Long Will You Live - A study shows you can add 12 to 14 years to life expectancy.
- Benefits of Tofu - The benefits are numerous and include anti-cancer elements and overall longevity.
- Green Tea Nutrition - It has been used medicinally for its antioxidant qualities and blood pressure control for hundreds of years.
- Food With Antioxidants - To maintain good health, plan to eat some food with antioxidants at every meal.
- Natural Remedies for Arthritis - include identifying and eliminating foods that are causing the problem.
- Macular Degeneration Symptoms - can be blurred vision, straight lines will waver, depth perception is altered - just to name a few.
>Food As Medicine
Learn about our journey from sickness to health through healthy eating - no surgery, radiation or chemo - and why we are passionate about sharing it and helping you improve your health and your life!